Friday 2 March 2012

Diem Perdidi

Every day I woke up, getting out of bed seemed like a lost cause. The hospital I was working at was always packed and always understaffed. I never expected my job to be easy, being a male nurse rarely gets you an ounce of respect but I was certainly unprepared for what I was facing day in and day out.

And there was no way I could get used to the whole routine. Or it could be the case that in the back of my mind, I could never let myself to come to terms with the idea that what I was going through was acceptable, that it was the norm. I kept saying that to myself, over and over again, right before I'd go to sleep. But each time I went to sleep, I could find no reason to wake up again. Writing would get me out of that loophole. It would break that vicious circle of depression and anguish but there were times when writing just wouldn't cut it. When the negatives outnumbered the positives by a ridiculously high ratio, then there was nothing left to write about ...

Marcus Drake would face the same inner struggle on a daily basis as well. And all that fighting seemed to have gotten to him. His behaviour changed. And he started to enjoy the adrenaline kick he would get from the fights even more as days went by.

Nothing good lasts forever. We build a shallow world from superficial lies and find casual excuses to believe into what suits us the most.

And then the day goes by. Another 24 hours from our lives. Sadly, we all forgot the day we sold the faith in exchange for oblivion.

And then the day goes by ....

No comments:

Post a Comment