Saturday 3 March 2012

Deserta faciunt et pacem appellant

"I have these dreams, from time to time" Drake once told me. "And when I wake up, I go into the deepest of melancholies."

"Is it a recurring dream?" I asked.

"No, it's not. It's always different. It's always about a person crying, they are all crying you know. And when I wake up, I can still see their faces and hear their voice, calling for help. One dream, one person at a time, one cry for help. And then I wake up and I can't sleep no more. The past few years, the dreams are there, almost every night. And I only get rid of them by drinking. That's the reason why I was at the pub the other day. I was fighting my demons. And then I met you.
I do not know what these dreams are all about. But they hurt more than the bruises I get from all that fighting.

Help me get rid of them. Help me find peace, once again ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment