Monday 27 February 2012

Ductus Exemplo

You need to choose wisely in the city of New Atlantica. You need to be careful who you trust, who you do business with and most importantly, who you befriend.

I met Marucs for the first time in a pub downtown. It was a wretched place, packed with scumbags and troublemakers. Just what a man needs when looking for a proper adrenaline kicker.

After a few beers and some ill-advised pool games I got into a fight, a real nasty one with my face being smashed by a couple of mean looking guys as an outcome.

He didn't get into it; fighting was not his thing as he later told me. But he did buy me a drink when I came round from the beating. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and he held a decent conversation.

I got his attention the moment I told him I was a writer looking for inspiration.

"So, do you want to know my secret then?"

Little did I know that his secret was going to act as my future inspiration, just not for writing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment